Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Sweetest Thing...



Well, today is my 39th birthday...wasn't the best, but possibly not the worst I have had either!


I went to work this morning, had a yummy lunch-purchased by some mula from my mommy and daddy (thank you), then came home and talked to my sister Tonya and saw the awesome bench Scott built for our backyard (it sits by the waterfall and pond) and I picked my daughter up (which went so easily, thank goodness) and we spent the rest of the evening quietly and peacefully at home.


Scott did something so damn cute and sweet (shhh-he said not to spread it around and make him sorry, LOL) for me, and I actually had thought he had forgotten (thanks to whomever reminded him!): on the legs of the bench, he carved a heart with S+B forever inside! Is that not the sweetest thing?! He said that it was my 'card'. The bench is made of ironwood for the legs and a stone slab for the seat. I wanted it very simple and 'natural'...


Here are a couple of pix-and I am off to bed. I think I may sleep a little better tonight than I have in a long time. Have a wonderful Friday and weekend, and an awesome Memorial Day!


xo~B

No comments: